Facilitation and Training
Dave Wells has over 20 years’ experience in writing and delivering ‘training events’, ‘workshops’, and ‘presentations’. Added to this wealth of experience, Dave Wells is also a Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) certified instructor, and regularly has courses on offer in South-east Queensland.
"Using my depth of experience, expertise and knowledge, I develop and facilitate courses, workshops, training sessions and presentations throughout Australia, for both health professionals and members of the community."
Dave Wells has developed workshops that have been adapted, as well as utilised, both nationally, and internationally. His broad experience gained from working with many diverse communities in the human services and health sectors, has provided Dave Wells with a strong foundation of knowledge and ethics that underpin the content of his training and how it is delivered. Whether you are an organisation/service, community member, business, or other public entity, Dave Wells can work with you to design and develop a presentation, workshop, or training event that is tailored to meet your needs.
Workshops and Courses
· generally small, comprising of 8 to 15participants.
· intensive educational experiences that take placein a short amount of time,
· introduces new concepts and demonstrate newpractices and hands-on skills,
· provide a means of passing on to others, expertknowledge, ideas, and methods of implementation.
· Workshops that fail to meet their quota by theset RSVP date will be cancelled and money refunded.
Training Sessions and Presentations
· usually larger in size as the emphasis is ondelivery of information.
· generally one-off events,
· designed for people who are working together orin the same field,
· help to create a sense of community or commonpurpose among participants,
The key difference between training and workshop is that trainingis the action of ‘teaching’, whereas a workshop is where the group will‘engage’ in an intensive discussion and activity.
· delivered with safety, confidentiality, honesty,and respect.
· conducted by and for people who have genuine experience,skills, or vested interest of the topic.
· compliments diverse learning styles byincorporating visual, reading, and kinaesthetic styles of activities.
· allows for the participants to receive somepersonal attention and the opportunity to be heard.
· For ongoing learning, handouts and suggestionsfor further reading is provided.